COMMUNICATING WITH YOUR DELIVERY
SERVICE & DRIVER
CUSTOMER AND CARRIER: A WIN-WIN SITUATION
United Parcel Service (UPS), Federal Express (FedEx) and the United States Postal Service (USPS) all offer customized pick-up and delivery services. When you are ready to use Landport, there are several ways to establish a new pattern with them. We suggest you use the option or options that best suit you:
UPS My Choice and FedEx Delivery Manager services offer online management of delivery preferences. They allow you to specify location as well as an access code.
TAP INTO THE APP
UPS My Choice and FedEx Delivery Manager services offer smartphone apps that allow their customers to provide speciﬁc instructions for package delivery. These apps allow you to include your access code.
CALL YOUR CARRIER
Explain that Landport is a new lockbox designed to hold packages to be received or sent. Tell them where it’s located and provide them with the access code.
USE THE 2ND LINE
When you order online, use the second address line for the Landport access code. Think of the access code as an extension of your address.
HAVE A CHAT
Talk with your delivery driver directly. Show them where Landport is located, provide the access code and conﬁrm that they know your speciﬁc preferences, which should be saved in their handheld devices.
PUT ON PARCEL
Tell friends and family to use the second address line when they send you a package. Or they can write in your Landport code as an extension of your address.
SHOW THEM A SIGN
Landport comes with a placard that can be placed in a window. It directs drivers to the lockbox, and reminds them to check for company-provided instructions or to check the second address line.
BY INSTALLING LANDPORT, YOU:
- Eliminate the need for the driver to make multiple attempts to deliver a package, creating a hassle-free delivery all-around
- Eliminate the need to place a package in a “secret” place – it is always placed in the same, safe location.
- Can leave written authorization for packages as required in a safe place – no missing important pieces of paper that can delay pick-ups or returns.
- Create a more efficient delivery for yourself and the driver – no need for them to ring the doorbell or wait. You avoid unnecessary interruptions, and delivery personnel can just pop in the parcel and be on their way.
- Reduce claims for lost packages, which ultimately keeps delivery costs down.
- Establish a secure, ﬁnal point in the logistics of the delivery chain that all can trust. Apprehension around a package making it to its ﬁnal destination is eliminated.
- Landport can eliminate time spent on the phone or online tracking down errant packages that never made it to your door.